Smith Machine Incline Bench Press
- Adjust the barbell height so that you can reach the bar with your arms almost fully extended when lying down on the incline bench. Set the appropriate weight and lie on the flat bench. Make sure your upper chest is aligned with the bar. Grasp the bar using a grip that is wider than shoulder width, unlock the bar and hold it straight over you with your arms locked. This will be your starting position.
- Inhaling, slowly lower the barbell until the bar touches the upper chest.
- After a brief pause, return the barbell back to the starting position (as you exhale) contracting chest muscles. Hold the barbell in this position and then lower it again. Remember that lowering movement should take at least twice as long to go down than to come up.
- Perform for the required amount of repetitions.
- When you are done, lock the bar back in the rack.