Smith Machine High Pull
- Come to the machine at the distance so you can lift the bar up.
- Grip width shall be such that your arms form 90 degrees angle at the highest point. This angle allows you to reach the peak contraction of the target muscle group. Don’t lower your head or stoop your back. Slightly draw your pelvis back and bend your legs at the knees. Place your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Your toes should be pointed out. Pull your shoulders forward and turn your elbows away from yourself up to the ceiling. This is your starting position.
- From the starting position, pull the barbell up to the ceiling using your elbows until it touches your chest.
- From the touch point, return the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the required amount of repetitions.