Smith Machine Standing Calf Raise
- Adjust the barbell on Smith machine to fit your height and stand on the platform under the bar.
- Stand on the platform with the toes of your feet positioned on it and the heels of your feet extending off it. Your toes facing forward and positioned shoulder-width apart.
- Now, place the bar on your shoulders while maintaining the foot positioning described and push the barbell up by extending your knees. Keep your torso in vertical position. The knees should be slightly bent. The barbell on your back is for balance purposes.
- Exhaling, raise the heels of your feet by flexing your calves. Make sure your knees remain stationary. Hold the peak position for a few seconds before you start to go back down.
- Inhaling, slowly go back to the starting position by lowering the heels down.
- Perform for the required amount of repetitions.