Smith Machine Behind The Back Shrug
- Set the loaded barbell on the power rack, positioning the bar at a middle of your thighs.
- Step to the rack and stand facing away from the apparatus with your feet shoulder-width apart, straight back and shoulders.
- Squat and grasp the bar with pronated grip (palms facing back).
- Straighten your arms fully so that the bar was just below the buttocks. This will be your starting position.
- Step forward from the racks. Inhale and hold your breath, lift the barbell by the strength of delts and trapezius muscles to the maximum approximately at the top of lower back. When performing this, pull the pelvis forward so that the bar can freely bend around the buttock muscles.
- At the endpoint of the amplitude, hold for 1–2 sec extending the peak contraction of the working muscles.
- Exhale and slowly lower the barbell down in a controlled manner. Without a pause in the amplitude endpoint, start the next repetition or return the barbell back to the rack.