Cable Low Row
- For this exercise, you will need access to a low pulley row machine with a V-handle. The handle shape will enable you to have a neutral grip (palms facing each other). Sit down on the machine, place your feet on the front platform and slightly bend your knees.
- Arch your lower back and grab the handle.
- Stretch your arms forward and lean back until your torso is perpendicular to the legs. Your back should be straight, your lower back slightly arched, and your chest sticking out. You should be feeling a stretch on the widest muscle of the back as you hold the handle in front of you. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping the torso stationary, as you exhale, pull the handles back towards your torso until you touch the abdominals. Squeeze your back muscles and hold in this position for a few seconds. Slowly return the handle back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the required amount of repetitions.
Precautions: Avoid jerks and swinging your torso back and forth as you can cause lower back injury by doing so.