Barbell Bench Press
- Lie on a flat bench. Grab a barbell using a medium grip (so that it creates a 90-degree angle in the middle of the movement between the forearms and the shoulders) and lift it over yourself. This will be your starting position.
- Inhaling, slowly lower the barbell until the bar touches the middle chest.
- After a brief pause, return the barbell back to the starting position as you exhale. Focus on pushing the bar using your chest muscles. Lock your arms at the top position and squeeze your chest. After a brief pause, begin coming down. Ideally, lowering movement should take at least twice as long to go down than to come up.
- Repeat for the required amount of repetitions.
- Place the bar back on the rack.